Rehashing the Dynamic Warm up Part 3: Quad Stretch
The objective quad stretch is to stretch the muscles on the front of the thigh which cross over the hip and knee joint. These muscles get short and tight if you are in a seated position for most of the work day. This exercise will help the glutes to fire more effectively and reset the hip position back to neutral.
- Start with your legs together pull your right heel up to your right glute with your left hand. When you have reached the maximum range of motion of your stretch
- Squeeze your right glute and pull your belly button toward your spine to get the most out of the stretch as you stand up tall with your left leg
- Hold for a second before releasing and alternate sides
- It is ok to bend over to grab your foot to it pull up but if you are struggling to keep your balance as you do so, grab something to hold on to. You cannot effectively stretch your thigh and fight for balance at the same time.
- You should feel the stretch in the front of the thigh and hip while doing this warm up.
- When grabbing your foot, make sure to grab with the opposite hand