Rehashing the Dynamic Warm up Part 8: Scorpions (Face up)
The objective of the face up scorpion or leg over is to loosen up the hamstrings, abductors of the hip as well as the spine and shoulders.
- Start on your back with your arms out to the side palms up
- Lift up your right leg and swing it across your body towards your opposite hand
- Keep your shoulders on the ground and legs as straight as possible
- Bring your leg back to its starting position and repeat on the other side.
- Keep your legs straight during the whole movement.
- Keep your shoulders down on the floor.
- Start with a smaller arch and work into a bigger arch as your legs and torso loosen up.
- Keep your head and neck relaxed, you may turn to watch your foot if you choose.
Visit our site at http://www.korewellness.com to see all of our Rehashing the dynamic warmup series!