Member of the Month: Vicky Moon
Overcoming cancer and self-limiting beliefs to show us the true meaning of indomitable spirit, this is Vickie Moon’s inspirational journey.
a spirit that cannot be subdued or overcome, as persons, will, or courage; unconquerable: an indomitable warrior.
Showing Indomitable spirit is one of our defining qualities of our KORE value, embrace grit. Something indomitable can’t be beat. People described as having indomitable spirits don’t spend time playing the victim because they are too busy showing us how to scale the biggest obstacles with a “can-do attitude” and permating strength that comes from within.
What the staff at KORE has to say about Vicky:
Why do you think Vicky earned K.O.R.E. MOM?
Vicky Moon earned member of the month because not only has she been killing her workouts but she’s also managed to rise above. I know Vicky is a private person but this in my opinion is too amazing not to share. When I first started working with Vicky she was nervous and filled with uncertainty, some of the things in her workout she would give me this insane look like “there’s no way” I can do that. Now she’s doing things she never thought was even possible. Vicky has made such huge improvements since starting at KORE Wellness in October! In the last year she has kicked cancers butt and now she’s kicking her workouts as well. I am so glad to experience this life change first hand! Keep of the great work Vicky!
What did she excel at over the past few months here at K.O.R.E.?
Over the past few months she has managed to lose 32 pounds, move around in the yard much easier, she walked a 5K, she’s even running now on her own. And of course my favorite she is now able to wear jeans, and she has done that in years!
What is one of your favorite accomplishments/goals you have seen her complete? How did this make you feel as his trainer?
As trainer when a client meets any of their goals it always makes me feel great, let’s me know that as a trainer i am doing my best work to get them where they need to be. So my favorite isn’t necessarily an accomplishment it is her reactions when she comes to the gym. For example, at 6am every Tuesday and Thursday Vicky has the biggest smile on her face that wasn’t there in the beginning. The stories that she tells me that happens outside of the gym is what makes what I do simply amazing. Since being at KORE Vicky is in a much better place and is happy and for that I am so proud of her, and so excited to see what other goals she’s going to crush in the future!
What Vicky has to stay about her journey:
How did you hear about us?
– From a friend at work, Sandy Smith.
What prompted you to seek us out once hearing about us?
– I wanted to work on getting healthy, lose some weight and get stronger. I also went through breast cancer last year and wanted to build back up my health.
What was your initial goal when you signed up with us?
– lose weight and wear jeans J gain strength
What was holding you back from achieving this goal?
– my commitment wasn’t there, I was not confident I could succeed, and I was afraid of failing again. My weight has gone up and down through the years. No new story here…
Has this goal changed since you joined KORE Wellness?
– Absolutely. I am down 32 pounds, I feel good and I am much stronger than when started. I want to do a pull up, and I want to lose more weight.
How do you feel about your future health?
– I am optimistic – I want to keep learning and growing and strengthening.
What do you like best about working with KORE?
– It has been fun, I started out slowly and grew from there, my trainer has been terrific to work with – she is honest and pushes and talks to me about continuing to challenge myself. She has the right view toward her job and I love working with her.
What would you say to someone who is struggling with the same goal?
– I am almost 60 years old – If I can do it, you can do it – It is truly a mental win when you gain the courage to try to change.